There are eight dimensions that are developed in this instrument:
1) Strategic Alignment - strategic objectives are understood by all persons involved at all levels of the company.
2) Market Focus - prospects, desires and needs of current and potential customers are researched and integrated throughout the life cycle.
3) Learning from Experience - the convergence of skills and behaviours with current and potential needs.
4) Ability to Innovate - integrating technological developments and trends in lifestyle with the capabilities and products of the company.
5) Financial Management - control of the investment and benefits lifecycle, including the implementation of a dashboard of indicators on a balanced portfolio of projects.
6) Management and Control - steering projects with objectives that are qualified, measurable and prioritized.
7) Information Communication - the ability of the organization to integrate technologies, methods, skills and expertise as part of their process.
8) Change Tolerance - the ability to incorporate beneficial changes during the project and product life cycles without negative cost complications.
Each of these is assessed over five levels: